FIR Designer 1.5 is now available for download and includes additional controls for target file importing.
FIR Designer 1.4 now imports EASERA ETM measurement files (in addition to SysTune STO, SMAART txt and general txt formats). Plus the UI controls for IR plots have been updated to allow vertical zooming and a wider sample range.
FIR Designer 1.3 adds an filter output gain and fixes a minor UI bug. It’s now available for download.
FIR Designer 1.2 adds support for 96 kHz designs, and is now available for download.
FIR Designer 1.1 is now available for download at FIR Designer. This is a maintenance release to fix an intermittent bug with Linear Phase magnitude filters.
After many Alpha and Beta releases, FIR Designer 1.0 is now available! (Thanks very much to all the Beta testers.) Go to the FIR Designer page to download binaries for Mac and PC, and to purchase a license.
Changes since Beta 4:
- New: SysTune overlay (STO) file import.
- Update: UI tweaks.
FIR Designer Beta 4 is now available for download at FIR Designer.
Changes since Beta 3:
- New: Target Tab. The target can be either the magnitude design (previously on the Auto Mag tab) or a response loaded from a file. If the target is a file, there is the option to use both the magnitude and phase as the target, or just the magnitude.
- New: Auto Phase has a “use coherence” option when phase smoothing.
- Update: Improved the accuracy of the algorithm used to resample the imported response and target response (from file) to the project sample rate (if their sample rates are different to the project sample rate).
- Fix: Import response normalisation wasn’t working correctly when the project sample rate was changed.
- Fix: The Auto Mag and Auto Phase green plots were incorrectly frequency shifted when the project sample rate was changed.
- Fix: Some GUI parameters were missing from the project file.