FIR Designer M version 2.0 is now available!
This major update introduces a range of new features, making it faster & easier than ever before to develop custom FIR filters & complete loudspeaker presets, as well as providing even closer integration with both SMAART® & Lake. Many of the updates were developed in response to valuable feedback from loudspeaker designers and installers. Features include –
- Support for the new Lake XP modules in the just-released Lake Controller v7. Push a complete loudspeaker preset directly to one of the new 1, 2, 3 or 4-way Lake XP modules via built-in DTP (Direct-To-Processor) functionality.
- A new “Supplementary Responses” window which displays the effect of processing on other measurements. This can be used to verify the effect of processing on polar or off-axis measurements.
- Mouse control of filter parameters – frequency, bandwidth/Q and gain – as well as mouse control of frequency bands on the “Auto Mag” & “Auto Phase” tabs. When a filter in the table is highlighted, controls appear on the plot and can be adjusted with the mouse, providing a much faster alternative to the table data entry method.
- Loudspeaker Impedance display option. Load and view the driver or loudspeaker impedance behind plots throughout the workflow. Set filtering with improved knowledge of the driver LF limit and port tuning, inferred from the impedance.
- Target response export – for use as a target curve on SMAART® RTA plots. A user request!
- An “Invert” setting option on all Mag Adjust & Phase Adjust filter prototypes gives more flexibility when setting filters.
FIR Designer M version 2.0 also includes several user interface tweaks and improvements, such as user-customizable plot colors. Both Windows (64 bit) & Mac are supported.
You can download a free demo of our software to experiment with the new features.
Existing licensees can access the latest download on the “update available” dialog within FIR Designer M.
SMAART is a registered trademark of Rational Acoustics LLC, Connecticut, USA.