Loading FIR filters into EV and Dynacord processors & amplifiers
Updated: 20 December 2019
Supported FIR Filter Lengths
- TG Series Amplifiers (RCM26): 513 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- TG Series Amplifiers (RCM28): 513 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- Dx46 Processor: 513 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- N8000 Processor: 256, 512, 768, 1024, 1280, 1536 & 1792 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- IPX Series Amplifiers: 1025 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- TGX Series Amplifiers: 1025 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- DSP 600 Processor: 513 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- P 64 Processor: 256, 512, 768, 1024, 1280, 1536 & 1792 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
Note: IRIS-Net appears to load both 48 kHz and 96 kHz FIR filter files, and convert them appropriately to the sample rate of the processor.
In FIR Creator EX, FIR Designer or FIR Designer M,
- set the filter length to one of the supported filter lengths,
- enter text in the Note field,
- select the format “GKF file (EV, Dynacord)” and
- press Save FIR and save to a file.
Loading the FIR Filter
- Run IRIS-Net.
- In the Object List, select a product and drag it onto the right hand side workspace. Here we have selected a TG-7 amplifier.
- In the Amplifier Dialog, click OK.
- The amplifier image appears. Double-click on the image to bring up the User panel.
- Click on the button under DSP. (See circled button below.)
- The Setup & Control window appears.
- Click on either of the FIR Filter blocks.
- The Output FIR window appears.
- Click on Bypass. The button will change to Active.
- Click LOAD and select the GKF filter file from FIR Designer.
- When the Warning dialog appears, click Yes.
- The FIR filter response is displayed. The FIR INFO text updates with the Note text that was entered in FIR Designer on the Export tab.