Loading FIR filters into EV and Dynacord processors & amplifiers
This page describes how to load FIR filters from FIR Designer M, FIR Designer and FIR Creator EX into EV and Dynacord amplifiers and processors using IRIS-Net.
Updated: 20 December 2019
Supported FIR Filter Lengths
- TG Series Amplifiers (RCM26): 513 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- TG Series Amplifiers (RCM28): 513 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- Dx46 Processor: 513 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- N8000 Processor: 256, 512, 768, 1024, 1280, 1536 & 1792 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- IPX Series Amplifiers: 1025 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- TGX Series Amplifiers: 1025 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- DSP 600 Processor: 513 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
- P 64 Processor: 256, 512, 768, 1024, 1280, 1536 & 1792 taps, 48 kHz & 96 kHz
Note: IRIS-Net appears to load both 48 kHz and 96 kHz FIR filter files, and convert them appropriately to the sample rate of the processor.
Download IRIS-Net from dynacord.com or www.electrovoice.com and install on Microsoft Windows.
In FIR Creator EX, FIR Designer or FIR Designer M,
- set the filter length to one of the supported filter lengths,
- enter text in the Note field,
- select the format “GKF file (EV, Dynacord)” and
- press Save FIR and save to a file.
Loading the FIR Filter
- Run IRIS-Net.
- In the Object List, select a product and drag it onto the right hand side workspace. Here we have selected a TG-7 amplifier.
- In the Amplifier Dialog, click OK.
- The amplifier image appears. Double-click on the image to bring up the User panel.
- Click on the button under DSP. (See circled button below.)
- The Setup & Control window appears.
- Click on either of the FIR Filter blocks.
- The Output FIR window appears.
- Click on Bypass. The button will change to Active.
- Click LOAD and select the GKF filter file from FIR Designer.
- When the Warning dialog appears, click Yes.
- The FIR filter response is displayed. The FIR INFO text updates with the Note text that was entered in FIR Designer on the Export tab.