Loading FIR filters into Biamp Tesira processors
In the Export tab, select the format “CSV file (row, decimal)” and press Save FIR.
Download and install the Tesira software from here.
From the Tesira help:
The FIR Filter object provides a way of importing a set of FIR filter coefficients and filtering an audio signal through those coefficients. The linear phase nature of the FIR Filter makes it useful for static filter applications such as inverse loudspeaker curves, crossovers, line array steering and the like. When the FIR Filter block is created from the Object Toolbar, an initialization dialog is presented which allows the user to browse to and select a coefficient file. The file can be in 16-bit, 48kHz, mono WAVE (.wav) format or ASCII text in comma separated variable (.csv) format and can contain a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 2048 coefficients. Coefficients should be between -1.0 and +1.0. Filter coefficients should be synthesized assuming a 48kHz sampling rate.
- Run Tesira.
- Load an existing audio partition or create a new one.
- Click the filter drop-down combo and select FIR Filter.
- Click on the Audio Partition layout. The FIR Filter Initialization dialog appears. Click the “…” button and choose the FIR filter file from FIR Designer.
- The filename now appears on the dialog.
- Click OK to close the dialog.
The FIR filter coefficients cannot be changed so to update the filter, delete the existing FIR filter block and add a new one.