Loading FIR Filters & Loudspeaker Settings into Powersoft Armonia
Load via Direct-To-Processor Function (in FIR Designer M, FIR Designer or FIR Creator EX):
X, Ottocanali, Quattrocanali & DueCanali series amplifiers
Use the DTP dialog to create a XML file for “Speaker EQ” or “Output EQ” on Powersoft amplifiers, containing IIRs, gain, polarity, delay and up to 2048 FIR taps @ 48 kHz.
Data transfer involves manually exporting the XML file and loading into Armonia. If only the FIR filter is required, on the FIR Designer “Export” tab, save a FIR filter as “Text file (Powersoft Armonia)” for subsequent loading into Armonia. (See at the bottom of this page.)
Armonia Pro Audio Suite
Download and install Powersoft Armonia Pro Audio Suite from here.
- Run Armonia
- Click Modules List on the left hand side.
- Select a DSP capable amplifier – e.g. X Series X4 Dante – and drag it onto the right hand side workspace.
- Double-click on the amplifier. The following view appears. Armonia as three different EQ blocks; Adv EQ, Spk EQ and output channel EQ and processor or Ways. FIR Designer DTP can create XML files for Spk EQ and output EQ or Ways. When exporting a XML file from FIR Designer, choose one of the two formats.
- Speaker EQ: Supports 2048 tap FIR filter and IIR filters.
- Output EQ (Ways): Supports 2048 FIR filter, IIR filters, gain polarity and delay.
- To load an Output EQ XML file into Armonia, double-click on one of the output Ways blocks.
- The output EQ page appears. Click Load and select the XML file from FIR Designer. (In lower right hand side of the File Open dialog, select xml import file (*.xml).)
- All settings from the XML are loaded. Click C FIR to see the FIR response.
- … and click other filters to see their loaded settings.
Loading a FIR filter only
- To load a FIR filter only into Armonia, on either the Spk EQ or output Ways block, click the C FIR button then click Settings.
- On the FIR Settings page, click Import.
- On the Import Taps? dialog, click Yes, then select the txt or csv file from FIR Designer. The filter will load into one of the “taps” overlays – in this case Taps 0.
- Click on Taps 0 and click Apply. This copies the Taps 0 filter into the current C FIR filter.
- Click Enable, then close the Settings window.