FIR Designer M : System Export – DTP Powersoft
This dialog is used to export all channel settings to XML files for import in Powersoft Armonia.
Two different XML file types are supported; Speaker EQ and Output EQ.
- If more than one FIR Designer M window is open, use the Use FIR Designer M Window drop-down to choose a window.
- To the left of IIR & FIR, use the dropdown to select Speaker EQ or Output EQ.
- Press the Check button to confirm that all settings are valid for the selected XML file type.
- Press the Save XML file button to bring up a file save dialog that prompts for a base filename for all channel XML files. The channel number is appended to the base filename.
Number of output channels
Use the drop-down combo to select between 1 and 6 output channels for the multi-way speaker system.
Name and Filename Table
In the Name column, enter descriptive text for the system and for each output channel.
The Filename column is updated whenever the system and/or the channel projects are saved.
A FIR Designer M system file has the extension *.fds. The system file includes:
- System and channel descriptive names
- Input IIR filter settings and the sample rate
- Voicing EQ filter settings that are common to all output channels. (On the Channels FIR : Voicing tab, common filters are denoted by the “Link” checkbox setting in the Voicing EQ Filter Prototypes table
- Output channel filenames
Output Channel Files
FIR Designer M channel project files have the extension *.fdp and are identical to projects use in FIR Designer 2. Output channels can be opened and edited in FIR Designer 2.
Loading a channel project on any of the Output channel rows will result in ALL channel settings being replaced by the settings from the channel project. Linked Voicing EQ settings will also be applied the channel.
Loading a System File
Use either the menu System menu or the load button on the upper-right of the Name and Filename table to open or load a system file.
During the system loading, all channel project files will also be loaded. If a channel project file cannot be found, a dialog will appear, prompting you to find and select a channel project file.
Input IIR filters can be set on the Channels : IIR Filters tab, however if you have a channel project containing input IIRs that you created, for example, when using the Lake DTP function in FIR Designer 2, use the “Import from FIRd project file” to load this channel project. All IIR filter settings from the project will be applied to the Input IIR settings in FIR Designer M.
Use the Input IIRs: Clear button to clear all Input IIR settings.
The System Navigator is a signal flowchart that allows quick navigation to settings pages. Clicking any of the buttons then shows the relevant channel setting page for the selected output channel.
The System Navigator adapts to the selected number of output channels, up to 6-way.
Different sample rates can be selected for the input IIR filters and each of the output channels. (Different sample rates are used, for example, by the Lake FIR 3-way module – 96 kHz for input IIRs and 12, 24 or 48 kHz for the output channels.)