Loading FIR filters into XTA processors & amplifiers
Updated: 21 December 2019
Presets for XTA DPA, XTA APA & MC2 Delta Amplifiers
FIR filters must be loaded into a preset. To first make a preset, contact XTA for a copy of Library Manager 5.x (Amped Edition) and install on Microsoft Windows.
- Run Library Manager 5.x (Amped Edition).
- Right-click on XTA-Mc2 APA / Delta File and click New Preset.
- The preset window appears.
- Edit names and channel names as required.
- Press OK then double-click the preset name to re-open the preset window.
- Click one one of the output tabs; for example HF.
- Click on FIR Design.
- The XTA FIR Designer window appears.
- Under Design Mode, select Imported Coefficients.
- Press Import Coefficients to select the (Eclipse Audio) FIR Designer FIR filter file.
- A sample rate dialog appears.
- Press whichever sample rate matches the sample rate of the FIR filter from FIR Designer; either 96kHz or 48kHz.
- The FIR filer response is plotted.
- Press Store FIR.
- The FIR plot changes colour.
- Click Done.
- To lock the FIR filter, if necessary, click FIR Unlocked.
- Click OK.
- To save the preset to a file, right-click XTA-Mc2 APA / Delta File and click either of the Build AudioCore Preset File.
- The following window appears.
- Edit text fields as necessary and press Create.